One of two digital photographs (with 77-70_1_32a.jpg) of a German first aid kit from World War II. This image shows the metal case and several of the contents, arranged on a gray counter. The the case is closed, and label and logo on the top can be seen. Several boxes of medicines, two syringe kits, and bandages can be seen around the case. A ruler has been placed in the foreground for size comparison.
A World War II-era German field first aid kit, donated by Dr. James F. Dinsmore in October 1945. The kit is housed in an olive drab metal case, bearing the label "Verbandkasten" and a red cross on a circular white field. The kit contains: 1) thirteen rolled bandages, 2) three sealed bandages, 3) three 2-cc syringe kitss in individual metal cases, 4) one bar of green soap, and 5) twelve boxes of various drugs. A printed contents and instruction sheet is affixed to the inner lid. Roman coins found in the kit were removed in March 1978 for further research.
Medical Museum Collection, Box 86
|In Administrative Set:|